Never stop learning.
Today I watched a livestream from GA on biz dev. Took away a few new tools and pointers:
- Bananatag: know when people open your emails
- Jigsaw: accurately find contact information
- Remember the Milk: handy to-do list
- Rapportive: get your contacts social media information beside your message when you’re writing emails
- Don’t make your target list too big - you’ll never be able to manage all of them at once.
- Create a pattern for yourself of when you’ll do x, y, and z every week (pitches, follow-ups, and calls).
- Before meetings, always understand what the company is going through (recent announcements, market opportunities, threats and competitors)